March 31, 2009

Something To Crow About - Applique Rooster

I finished the appliqued rooster on a fabric square of vintage ticking. The edges of the applique pieces are raw and stitched together on the ticking with a feather stitch. Well, when you are stitching a rooster, what better stitch to use than a feather stitch. I plan to take him to Kentucky and use him in a project this summer. I haven't decided if it will be a wall hanging/quiltie or perhaps incorporate him into an apron. In any case, it will be easier to transport an unfinished piece.

1 comment:

Cindy Jones Lantier said...

I LOVE this -- how clever of you! When do you leave for Kentucky?

Fort Irwin is still very isolated -- it's still miles from anywhere. Yep, thank goodness for Starbucks on base, or I'd have been bored silly. John and I got to see the house on Thursday. I'll be posting pictures on my blog soon. It's just lovely. We are trying to move on 13 April, if that works out for the movers. Keep your fingers crossed!