June 25, 2009

Will O. and Nola 1912 - Mixed Media and Photo Fabric Collage


I created this wall hanging using the fabric and lace that I bought in Kansas - I also added a vintage metal and wood button to the center top. The photo that is printed on white cotton is of my husband's grandparents. They are the couple on the left. It was take either when they were courting or soon after they were married in 1912. The strip of writing at the bottom is printed from a copy of the courthouse marriage record that contains the reference to them, and I afixed it to fabric for durability. The finished piece measures 8 1/2" x 14".
I hung it on the wall next to Nola's vanity that is in my sewing area. I use the vanity to hold lace, patterns, photos and finished projects I have listed on Etsy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pallas-I love this latest wall hanging. The photo is great, and what a wonderful idea, using the bottom of their marriage record.
I also noticed my print hanging on the wall. That made me smile.
Love,
Pam

Marva Plummer-Bruno said...

Pallas - have I ever told you how much I love your blog header? Well I do!! :D Your art quilt is just beautiful and your sewing area is so neat and tidy! What a beautiful antique dresser! Marva