September 1, 2009

Genealogy & Memories

I have been working on my genealogy project the past few days. I started about two years ago by going into the four directions of my grandparents, and it has been an interesting journey so far. Since discovering that my ggg grandmother was from not only Kentucky, but also from the same county where we spend each summer, I have been hooked. This ggg grandmother is from my mother's father, and my mother would have been fascinated with this discovery.


This is a picture of my mother's family - that is my mother in the back row on the right. This was taken sometime during World War II, as both my Uncle John and Aunt Britt are in their military uniforms. I am not sure if this was taken early in the war years before my uncle was a prisoner of war in Germany, or after he returned. With the death of my Aunt Britt on Easter of this year, everyone in my mother's family is gone now. It is hard for me to believe they are all gone - ancestors now. Still, my vivid memories of each of them transcends time.

No comments: