January 10, 2015

You never know what life has in store for you

Life can throw a curve once in a while, and getting older sure can sneak up on you.  I'm less than a week from having hip replacement surgery. At this point I'm passed being a little freaked out, and counting the days to the beginning of a new me.  Thankfully a cortisone shot lasted through our first trip to Europe, and I was able to get around quite well.  But the past few months have been difficult, and I am so ready for the new hip, and optimistic about my recovery.

My baby sister is going to spend a few days with me after surgery, and baby me.  I'm one lucky big sister to have her - I love you Jodi.

Jodi and me on her birthday in November
Of course my hubby has been babying me through all of this. And he has been doing most of the housework, and cooking a lot of meals too - I love you John.

John toasting me at Dels, our favorite New Mexico restaurant

























4 comments:

Indigo Blue said...

I wish you all the best for your surgery. Plus a quick recovery. An hip replacement is on the cards for me but at 45 the doctors are reluctant just yet so medication such as injections are the current treatment. I understand about the getting around and how this feels even when on holiday when everyone thinks you need to move less but even just getting dressed some days can be a challenge.

Pain free days are on the horizon and my Mother in law said she noticed a difference as soon as the surgery pain had naturally gone.
Best wishes and to your lovely Husband too.

Recycled Rita said...

Wow!
You didn't mention hip surgery! I wish you the best, my mom was so much better after her surgery! You will do great, prayers being said! Hugs! karen...
Ps...did you get my email back?

Laurie said...

Oh, I wish you a speedy recovery and lots of rest while doing so. I'm glad you're not worried and I'm sure it will go well. Sweet of your sister and husband to take care of you!

Recycled Rita said...

Hi Pallas!
Just checking in to see how you are feeling? I hope you are healing well and no more pain!
Hugs! karen....