September 18, 2015

Baby Sis Came For a Visit

My youngest sister, Jodi, came to Kentucky for a two week visit and we had a blast.


I didn't even give her a chance to unpack, because the morning after she arrived we went for a three day two night stay in Paducah, Ky - home to the National Quilt Museum.

National Quilt Museum - Paducah, KY

While we were in Paducah, we attended a class on Gelli Plate printing taught by Kristin at Ephemera.  We had never heard of Gelli Plates, but we are officially hooked.  The class was so much fun!  The class size was limited to six, and we had five ladies who took this Saturday morning class.  Now I want to take a mixed media class at Ephemera - maybe next year. I wish Paducah was closer.

Gelli Plate Printing Class at Ephemera - Kristin in Red & Blue

Inside Kristin's Shop

Paducah is a cute town and the old downtown buildings are being used for shops and restaurants.

Near the River



The old Coca Cola plant has a coffee shop in one end, and a craft brewery in the other end.



Everyone told us that we needed to stop at Patti's for lunch on the way back from Paducah.  It was delicious - we had pork chops and wonderful desserts - I had the six inch high meringue pie.

At Patti's


Of course Jodi and I had to buy Gelli Plates, and we set up our own craft tables in my sewing room. When I get better at printing, I'll share my prints with you.  But trust me, it's fun

Jodi Happily Gelli Printing


Jodi helped me host a luncheon for friends.





John and I took Jodi to the races at Churchill Down - Jodi was the winner that day.
Jodi - Twin Spires in the Background
Seeing the horses up close at the Paddock 
At Churchill Downs With a Gallopalooza

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed all of the pictures, but what really caught my attention was the white dinette cabinet.

Sue @ Miss Phoebes Perch said...

It looks like you've been having a great time. Thanks for sharing! Hugs, Sue

Caterina Giglio said...

great photos, that old Coke building is so cool and so it that sweet store!