April 14, 2008

Swap Your Stash - April


It was my turn to send out some of my stash for the April Swap Your Stash Challenge. As the participants finish their work for this month's challenge using my fabrics, I will post pictures of them here.










I decided to keep a set of the stash for myself and made a lightly quilted wall hanging using scanned photos from my Dad's grade school photo album from 1931 - 32. He lived in Lane, SD and attended Meyers School. I used an old ruler as the hanger for this piece. I will display it in our Kentucky cottage which is quite fitting because the original core of the cottage is a circa 1874 one room school house.


The journal covers are by Flicsha. Besides the one she made for the challenge, she also made one for me with my initial monogrammed on the front of the
cover.






Skye made a very cute Sun Bonnet Sue.




This wonderful fabric and painted collage titled "Give" is by LaRinda.



2 comments:

Marva Plummer-Bruno said...

I love your Sunbonnet Sue! I've been wanting to make one of these. :) Marva

Pallas said...

The Sunbonnet Sue was made by Skye, a woman in our swap. April was my month to send out fabrics and I wanted to show what the others made with my fabrics. She really made a cute one didn't she!