January 27, 2009

Getting Inspired


Since we returned to California I haven't worked on very many art projects. Rather, I have been getting ready for a large garage sale this spring and the upcoming visit of my brother-in-law and sister-in-law next month.

I remade a bathroom curtain from a piece of my favorite vintage barkcloth. I had made it into a balloon type curtain before, but it never suited the fabric. I like it much better now that it is a plain curtain. It is a lovely pattern.




Since Valentine's Day is just around the corner, and to get inspired, I decided to print some Valentine and other images onto fabric that I purchased some time ago from Luna Girl. After I printed those, I decided to print some photos that I had scanned a couple of years ago. Most of them are from old photo albums I got at an antique mall. The photos are mainly taken in the 1920s in Carroll, Iowa. The people in the photos have so much expression and they looked liked they were full of life. I'd love to know their stories.




I am going to put housework and organizing aside for a while. Instead, I will work on a couple of fabric collage pieces this week. I will post something probably by the weekend.

No comments: