September 12, 2010

Pretty Little Bluebirds Fabric Collage Wallhanging

I used a piece of the wonderful burned ceiling tin that I selvaged from a razed building here in Rineyville for the wall hanging. The tin is sewed to the wall hanging with glass beads that I added at each hole. The background fabric is part of a vintage towel. The pastel picture of bluebirds is from an old greeting card, and it is printed on white cotton.  It is sewn to a piece of cotton floral print. Embellishments include antique lace, white rick rack, mustard colored plastic buttons and plastic belt buckle.  I will be listing this in my Zibbet shop.  If you are not familiar with Zibbet, please take a minute to have a look.

1 comment:

Marva Plummer-Bruno said...

Oh this is awesome! I'm definitely going to have to come visit you more often! I'm going to put a link to your blog on my sidebar. :)