June 26, 2008

Pincushions - Swap Your Stash - June

The June package of "Swap Your Stash" fabrics was waiting for me when I arrived in Kentucky. The bright colored prints are very pretty, and also quite different from the fabrics I am used to working with. The package also included a variety of colorful beads. After thinking about it for a while, I decided to make pincushions. I tried to use just the items I had received, but did use a couple of my glass buttons. The large 'jewel box' pincushion measures 5" square by 2" high. It will be handy for quilt pins as well as large needles. The smaller ones are also a basic 5", but do not have the depth - so part of the 5" top becomes the sides. I finished this challenge with just a few days to spare before the end of June. Now, I'll be looking forward to July's mystery to arrive in the mail.

2 comments:

Skye said...

What a fabulous idea..The pincushions are absolutely lovely and so colorful...Great job!!! hugs, Skye

justthesmallstuff said...

These are so pretty they make me want to sew up several to use as small gifts. Charleen