September 3, 2008

Hanging Tobacco - Rineyville, Kentucky



I of course know the ills of smoking. But, I still think there is a unique beauty to the tobacco plant. On our walk recently we came upon a farmer hanging tobacco in the barn. We started taking pictures from a distance when he invited us to come into the barn to take more pictures, and see the operation up close. This is hard work! I remember in past years seeing tobacco proudly wearing its ribbons at the state fair.

Yes, I think it is beautiful too.























2 comments:

mariasangel said...

this is really cool! i can't stand smoking--but i never imagined the size of the plants! thanks for sharing!

Luther Peterson said...

I really like the picture of tobacco hanging in the barn (no people). I would like an 18x24 print of that one. Is there any way to get this done?