September 20, 2008

Use Your Stash Challenge - Mermaids

I made this piece in a challenge for one of my Yahoo groups. Use Your Stash challenge. We get a new theme every two weeks, and this two week period theme was Mermaid.

I used this cute piece of fabric with a mermaid and collaed it on a background that is a blue jean leg, and a fan quilt block. I embellished it with a photo printed onto white cotton that is from a 1920s photo of two young women in their bathing suits. The photo caption reads "Bathing Beauties". It is just one of many cute photos I obtained a few years ago when I bought photos albums from the 1920s and 1939s.

The button card at the top gives the artwork its title, and it is finished off with three red glass shank buttons at the bottom and red croched trim at the top.
The finished piece measures 9" x 15".

No comments: